In order to ensure that your visit with Dr. Jason Straw is a success, there are steps you need to take before your appointment for oral surgery in Placerville or El Dorado Hills, California.
Read these instructions prior to the day of your procedure. Be sure to follow the diet restrictions carefully if you are undergoing anesthesia.
- If you are receiving IV sedation, you may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours before the appointment. For morning surgery, no food or liquids after midnight the night before surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- If you are receiving IV sedation, a responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure and drive you home.
- Plan to rest for the remainder of the surgery day. You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following IV sedation.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- You must remove contact lenses, jewelry and dentures at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take prescription medications, please discuss these at your consultation and address any questions/changes with your doctor prior to your surgery.
- The use of alcohol or recreational drugs can adversely affect the anesthesia medications that we use. Please discontinue the use of such for at least 72 hours before your procedure.
Women, please note: Some antibiotics may interfere with the effectiveness of birth control pills. Please check with your pharmacist.
If you need more information or would like to schedule your appointment with our oral surgeon, contact True Oral, Facial & Dental Implant Surgery and speak with a member of our team.